Polish National Police
Police - uniformed and armed force, which main goal is to serve and proctect the people, and to maintain public order and security.
The basic police activities:
- the protection of people`s health and life, the protection of property,
- the protection of public safety and order,
- creating and organizing "community policing" and crime prevention activities,
- detecting crimes and misdemeanors, arresting people who commited crimes,
- the control of regulations, regarding public life and public spaces,
- the cooperation with police forces from other countries and international organizations.
The Polish National Police consists of criminal, patrol and supportive services. Court police is also the part of the Polish National Police.
Information Movie about the Polish National Police (Windows Media Video file - 20 MB)
Act on the Police (PDF file)
Polish Police Dictionary (ZIP file)
The right of data subjects to information (the Schengen Information System and the Visa Information System)